Synoptic - Pass scan

For our synoptic project I did some vfx for the agent scanning in his pass. Firstly I compiled some of the clips together so I had a sequence to work with.



Next was a shot of him showing his pass which I zoomed in on the pass to show the custom made one


Next I masked out the main video on the silver surface where he will scan the pass and also masked out three cubes to the side to make it more detailed. I made a blue square appear which then fades out causing another to start to fade. Next I added two green squares behind the video layer so they would appear under the mask. I then made them both collide when the pass is scanned down.





I also masked the pass frame by frame as it scans over the green to not collide with the other mask, this was then put a layer above so it had priority.


Next was some more clips to show the agents journey to the office, we started out with just one shot of the agent going left but decided to cut it just before he entered and take the shot from the front to break up the shot types more.



Finally he walks down a long corridor and reaches the office in the next scene


Conclusion:

Overall I think that this scene went pretty well, I would of liked to take it to after effects, after I finished on premiere pro to add some green light onto the hand when he scans the pass. Also I would of liked to add a bit more to the scan to make it more realistic, most likely making use of the feather tool








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Driver Story Analysis

Maya coke bottle

Pass, Merit, Distinction