Script to Screen storyboard : Atonement

For our script to screen task we had to choose one of the scripts and turn it into a storyboard. I chose atonement.

Firstly we had to pick a section with some action so I chose a part about halfway in the story where some angels are talking to Hashan, a character who they made doing their bidding.

Next I went through the script to get reference for what my characters look like for example by reading I can see than Hashan is middle eastern so when I do the storyboard I can keep continuity.

 And here is my storyboard which was 16 panels long.

On my storyboard I listed the shot type, any pans or zooms and what was going on in the scene.



Finally after the storyboard we made character boards which were a more in depth look at the characters, some of the props like the sword and some features like the melting angel face.



Overall I think that this project was a good product of my storyboard work so far, improving on the bluezoo storyboard. Here I actually did do an animatic which I put on a different blog post, I also think that the story was portrayed well despite being a mess of an original script. One thing I think I could improve on is the background although this all happened in one room.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Driver Story Analysis

Maya coke bottle

Pass, Merit, Distinction