Maya coke bottle

This week I made a bottle in Maya starting off with a single cylinder where I gave 5 axis divisions making it more of a pentagon shape.


Next I inserted a coke image plane to model off.


Next I selected all of the bottom 5 faces and extruded them, then from here I could turn off the feature that keeps the faces together and then increase the offset to separate them. Next I changed from the rough cube model to a more smoothed model by pressing 2 on my keyboard this was go to swap between the views later on when making the bottle .



After removing the top I could select edges and extrude, here I could add bends to make it look more like the bottle. For more detail and ways to bend the model I also inserted more edges using the multicut tool which I could then extrude and transform to my liking.


Next was the texturing where I chose a ocean shader and changed it to look like the coke color that was more of a brown color, here I could change the foam color and the wave color so it wasn't one block of solid color texture.




Next I made the lid red and the top part of the bottle transparent, here I can edit it on sketch fab to make it more transparent as in Maya it looks not as good.


For the final texture I put a jpg of a coke label and put it on the middle then used a cylindrical uv map and then wrapped it round editing the uvs.



Final product -

https://skfb.ly/6BTnu

Here is my final product as of now on sketchfab, im pretty happy with how it turned out for the first time doing this but next time I would like to do more with the coke texture and I would of also liked to add a bump map to the lid for more detail


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Driver Story Analysis

Pass, Merit, Distinction