Maya Assignment: Week 07 - "Fidget spinner"

This week we had the task to make a fidget spinner.

Firstly I made the middle of the spinner where I made a cylinder and beveled it and added the black lambert texture. Then I make another following the same rules but this time I make it with a yellow, gold texture and made it slightly smaller so it was inside. I then repeated this a time for each colour.


Here I made the neck of the dragon by using the knife tool on a plane and cutting a neck. Then the flat plane was extruded and the the extruded neck was textured grey. I next made the bottom of the neck using the same way but this time it was textured black and put on the lower of the main neck.


Next I made the other side of the neck with the knife tool. Here I had to outline the neck with a plane near it so it matched proportions and then I added spikes by cutting out the path for the top of the neck on the plane, then I textured this the same black as the bottom of the neck.


Finally I made the head of the dragon. Here I placed a plane and took a long time to carefully carve out the head of the dragon using the plane and the extruding up.With the plane I made sure to leave space for the eye which was extruded one time and textured white , then extruded again and textured red. Then the teeth were added and textured white too.


Final product

Here is my final product, I think that it went really well and the textures although just bold colours went well too. I also made a type where the model is textured with a glow on the eyes and middle of spinner too see how it is like.



powering up rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr..


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Driver Story Analysis

Maya coke bottle

Pass, Merit, Distinction