Maya Assignment: Week 06 - "Jetpack"

This week in Maya our task was to make a jet pack.
I made mine from the idea of steampunk with gears and clocks.

First I will talk about how I made the clocks. I made the clocks using pipes with a cylinder inside. The pipes were textured with a rust texture while the cylinders with a clock face dial like actual clocks. Next I inserted black cubes which were then extruded into clock hands.

Next I will talk about how I made the side tanks, firstly I inserted a cylinder where I then extruded the faces forward. Next I inserted a cone at the bottom and a cylinder below it. Then I got a sphere and cut it in half and inserted it on top. On this half of the sphere I put two flat cylinders and a torus above. Finally I added a texture to each part that I then UV mapped the holes to be smaller and fit, then I individually textured the extruded cylinder parts, the cone, the torus and the bottom cylinder.
Now I will move on to the headlight I made many cylinders that were then textured using a copper pipe texture. I Inserted a cylinder rotated and also split a sphere in half to make it look like a capsule. Then I did that same thing as the clocks by inserting pipes and cylinders inside with a light texture and a tiny bit transparent to get the glass and light effect.
Also I will talk about the gears. Here I simply inserted cylinders each texture with a bronze texture to make a gear each different sizes. Here I noticed that there is a texture problem with the gears overlapping with the smaller gears. I could fix this with a bit of retextering and maybe some reverses to the faces with problems.

Finally I will talk about how I made the liquid containers. Here I added a few cylinders , one was textured with a black Velcro like texture, then I inserted a cylinder at the bottom with a metal texture and a thinly extruded one above it. The main focus was the cylinder that was see through. I made this by making the cylinder almost completely transparent, then inside was a cylinder with a ocean shader which was red to make it look like liquid. Then above to show little bubbles I made multiple cylinders each different sizes and positions, then textured them with the water shader which was then changed to red.

Final product
Here is the Final jet pack, I am pretty happy overall with the textures as well as the model. My only problem is the gears but I can easily fix this.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Driver Story Analysis

Maya coke bottle

Pass, Merit, Distinction