Maya Assignment: Week 03 - "Crate"

Dice





 This week we had to make a dice using UV mapping that I learnt last week and we the proceeded to put it on a cube.

Then we used transparency so we could see through the holes like the dice was cheese. We did this by taking the dots from the template in Photoshop and inverted the colors.


Here you can see the six holes on the side of the dice are transparent along with all the others so we can partly see the four dot side as well through the six dots.

Building

With our newly learnt skills we made a building which has windows much like the die holes.

Firstly we have to get the texture and map it onto our cube.


But then we ran into a problem... The cube was stretched to be as tall and wide as an building so our texture we inserted was stretched!!

So then we had to get a new UV map to fit our new shape.


After this we inserted the texture to fit and of course changed to top and bottom as they wont fit with the texture I chose.


Here we can see the building and the roof isn't featuring any windows as its a roof, I did this by zooming into part of the picture and taking that as my new texture in my UV . Also I made sure for the sides the windows were in the same positions so the windows are not distorted.

Crate

Now I finally move onto my final project and my task set, which was to create a crate with my newly learned texture skills.



Firstly we extrude a cube and push in parts of the cube then make cross shapes like my plan. Now it is modeled I need to make textured so I got the my texture and duplicated it on Photoshop, then mapped it onto my model.

My final touches were adding a crowbar and a delivery cart that are both fully textured.












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Driver Story Analysis

Maya coke bottle

Pass, Merit, Distinction