EX 7: EX 8: Concept sketches

Here is a range of sketches I did for my toxic jungle image:

Final sketch on paper

Here is my final sketch for my toxic jungle, this will be scanned then drawn over for my final painting.


Mantis

Here for the praying mantis I came up with the idea that it would be huge and grabbing two trees to show its dominance compared to the two small people it would be hunting.


After drawing this for my final sketch I decided to give the matis huge black pupils to show its presence and vision on the explorers. I gave the right claw blood and also decided to put a claw on the left tree to show strength. I put more detail into the head by adding a crest and added more teeth. Here with these teeth I added some saliva showing the mantis is hungry for prey.




Explorers

Here was the first sketch I drew of one explorer holding a torch as I wanted to show the humans as lost having little gear.


Next sketch I drew was both of the explorers, one with a gas mask and the other with goggles. The one with the gas mask is shocked because it has seen the massive presence behind them.


For my final sketch I changed the explorers quite a bit. I added a torch to the left of the gas mask explorers helmet, aswell as added more detail to the chemicals coming out of the mask. I wanted to show more of a toxic environment so I added the toxic sign to the mask and added a gun. For the explorer on the left I added more detail to the hair and goggles, also adding a handkerchief to cover up the mouth from the toxic environment. I added smoke into the distance to show a sense of being lost using the rule of space in a compressed way. I also added plants to the image for exploration and a more jungle vibe


The halfway point

Here is halfway through my painting showing the trees and bark layers, also I added vines hanging down from the trees and a damage to the eye of the mantis





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Driver Story Analysis

Maya coke bottle

Pass, Merit, Distinction