Maya End Assignment: "Exploratory vehicle - Steampunk fish"

This week in maya we were tasked for our final project to make an exploratory vehicle. For my vehicle I decided to make a steampunk fish which acts like a submarine.

Firstly I started with putting the image on the image plane which would help me too create my model.

Here there was three designs from the image I found. I decided to do the fish with the most detail that looks like it could be a submarine.

Firstly I started with the main body of the fish which I cut with the knife tool too get the weird shape of the body on a plane. Then with this flat plane shape I used the extrude up the body.

Next it was time to do the top fin where I also used the knife tool on the flat plane to get these shapes. On this fin unlike the body I also used the knife to cut out some details which when I extruded the fin some parts were extruded at different heights which made it easier to texture and cut an extruded fin would of caused all types of issues later on.



Now the top fin is done I will move onto the gears that are easy to place since when cutting the body I left perfect space for each cog. The cogs I made by stretching the cylinder. and then adding cubes that are stretched to make these pillar like structures for the cogs. Here I duplicated these cogs and make them different sizes, apart from the top fin I put the cogs lower too.I added a clock near the top fin which was made with two cylinders, one with a normal texture of the fish and one with the white texture for the background of the clock. Finally I added the hands for the clock. Then another clock near the front of the fish with more cut details on the front that is textured black.



I cut the back fins using the knife tool too, then duplicated and rotated so they were connected to the back gear which was made by extruding the cylinder inwards to make the shape.


Next I made the fins on the side by cutting out the "handle" type shape and then cut one fin which was duplicated 3 times on each side. Finally I textured the handle the same as the body and the fins the same as the others with a gold texture.


Finishing it off I made the front parting in front of the clock at the front of the fish and added a cable with circles below it. Next I made the place where the human sits by making the oval shape and giving it the texture of almost completely transparent so it looked like glass.

Finished product, next time to improve I could add more textures to the fins.










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Driver Story Analysis

Maya coke bottle

Pass, Merit, Distinction